Our School & College
Kumudini Hospital was founded by Rai Bahadur R P Shaha in 1938. Lord R G Casey the then Governor of British Bengal formally inaugurated the 750 bedded Kumudini Hospital on 29 July 1944. At inception nursing service used to be provided by foreign nurses from the UK. This was followed by recruiting local womenfolk who were trained by the foreign nurses. Kumudini Nursing School started functioning in 1973 followed by Kumudini Nursing College in 2007. In consonance with the founder's philosophy Kumudini Nursing School & College continue to elevate the status and dignity of women by offering quality education and training.